24 Years’ Experience
In a Nutshell
As you’re aware, site appraisals (also known as feasibility studies) are an important early-stage process to establish the viability of a scheme, in light of adopted planning policies. In other words, seeing and assessing the site and the surrounding areas first hand to gauge its opportunities and potential. Or, its constraints and limitations. Often, both.
A site appraisal is an in-depth task. We need to know whether, or equally how your scheme could comply with the council’s policies, therefore seeing the site up close is beneficial.
Site Appraisal is an In-depth Task
Essentially, it puts your project in context. Among other things, a visit to the site on your behalf will enable us to:
- Become familiar with the location and assess any surveys that may need to be carried out.
- Identify any risk factors, not only to the project itself, but also to the surrounding areas.
- Is the site in a flood area?
- Is there potential site contamination? Subsidence, for example? Is asbestos present?
- Analyse any access restrictions on equipment.
- Gauge the level of protection required for the public.
- Determine any policy issues that could cause delays.
- Make decisions on how long the project could take, and likely cost considerations.
With our expertise, we can help to de-risk your project and add value wherever possible. Feel free to get in touch for more information, we’d be happy to help.